B.Sc (Clin. Sc) M.HSC (Os322teo. Sc) / Strength & Conditioning Coach
Larson specialises in structural osteopathy & exercise-based rehabilitation, placing a high importance on understanding the patient’s clinical history, examination and medical testing to determine an accurate diagnosis for best management to achieve their goal. Education is also a key pillar which allows the patient to better understand their body and be proactive to make positive changes to
their health and well-being.
Larson gravitated to Osteopathy due to its holistic approach to patient management, respecting that nothing within the body functions in isolation. Healing is multifaceted process that requires a deep understanding of not only the physical ailment, but also appreciating psychosocial and environmental factors (including sleep pattens, stress, work demands) which can contribute to the
development of pain.
He adopts a structural approach to treatment after a comprehensive functional and diagnostic assessment, utilising manual therapy techniques including spinal adjustments, mobilisations, soft tissue and dry needling where required.
In Larson’s athletic life he was an elite level gymnast training in association with the Victorian High Performance Centre and Institute of Sport and competing internationally as a member of the Australian Men’s National Squad. Post his competitive career he entered into a coaching role at the Victorian High-Performance Centre where he was required to manage athletic performance via the
development and implementation of training programs.
Larson has a strong emphasis on strength and rehabilitation which has allowed him to assist to bridge the gap between acute injury management to return to performance. This has gained him exposure to a large variety of patients including, pre and post operative, return to sport/recreation and chronic musculoskeletal disorders.
In his spare time, Larson is an avid all-season surfer believing it is the best way for him to practice mindfulness, stating “Not much else matters when I’m in the water, as it allows me to disconnect from everyday distractions and be present in the moment. Things get a lot clearer when I exit the water.”
- Bachelor of Clinical Science
- Master of Osteopathy Science
- AHPRA Accredited Clinician
- Osteopathy Australia Accredited
- Medicare, HICAPS, WorkCover & TAC Clinical Provider
- Certified Level 1 & 2 Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) Provider
- Certified Level 1 & 2 Functional Movement Screen (FMS) Provider
- Certified Fundamental Capacity Screen (FCS) Provider
- Certified Functional Breathing Screen (FBS) Provider
- Certified Y-Balance Test (YBT) Provider
- StrongFirst Kettlebell 101 Credentialled
- Australian Strength & Conditioning Association Level 1 Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Certificate III & IV of Fitness
- Certified EXOS Fitness Specialist
- EXOS – Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine Framework Certified
- Advanced Dry Needling Certified
- Movement Assessment Technologies Running Level 1 Certified